Rapid growth continues in Ann Arbor and Grand Rapids
To meet the needs of clients across the state of Michigan, Barr is further growing its Ann Arbor and Grand Rapids offices on the engineering and environmental fronts. Barr has added eight new staff members to the many engineers, scientists, and support specialists who help clients manage and restore natural resources in Michigan.
“The need for environmental scientists and engineers has never been greater,” said Matt Comben, senior GIS specialist and office coordinator at Barr’s Ann Arbor location. The Ann Arbor office recently welcomed the following new staff:
- Stan Vitton, a senior geotechnical engineer. Stan brings more than 40 years of industrial and academic experience in the geotechnical and mining engineering fields.
- Chase Freeman, a process engineer working in project consulting. Chase has a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from the Colorado School of Mines.
- Erik Hakel, a senior environmental scientist. Erik has 23 years of experience in regulatory reporting, compliance, and environmental consulting.
- Patty Scott, a project accounting administrator. Patty joins Barr with seven years of experience.
“We’re always looking for ways to continue improving our ever-changing Michigan communities,” said Anne Schumacher, senior geologist and office coordinator at Barr’s Grand Rapids office, which recently welcomed:
- Emma Wright, an environmental engineer. Emma brings three years of experience in air pollution compliance and permitting.
- Zach Langbartels, an electrical engineer with six years of experience in substation engineering.
- Cindy Lominchar, a senior administrative assistant with 18 years of experience.
- Ethan Morris, an environmental scientist with four years of consulting experience in stream and wetland ecology, wetland delineation and mitigation, and natural resource management.
With more than 100 employee-owners in Michigan and nearly 950 nationwide, Barr creates integrated solutions for clients in the mining, fuels, power, public, and manufacturing sectors across North America and worldwide. Employee ownership is at the core of Barr’s work, giving its employees a voice in the company’s biggest decisions. Our project teams take ownership of every commitment, and their successes are recognized companywide and on an individual level.
To learn more about Barr and to view open positions, visit www.barr.com/Careers/Open-positions.