Scholarship to honor Barr staff
In the last three months, Barr has lost two beloved colleagues. Jon McNelis was a civil designer and technician for more than 10 years, training and mentoring many of Barr’s junior civil engineers and designers. For eight years, Derek Schluessler was a civil technician who advocated for 3D scanning technology at Barr. Jon and Derek enriched our work experience with their passion and knowledge and have had a lasting impact on the Barr community, both professionally and personally.
Jon and Derek were heavily engaged in the civil technology program at Dakota County Technical College (DCTC). Because of their exemplary work and involvement with the school, Barr is sponsoring a scholarship through DCTC in their memory.
The scholarship is funded over a three-year period and will help provide financial aid to students in DCTC’s civil technology program. Staff, family, friends, and others can also donate in Jon and Derek’s honor. To make a gift donation, please follow the instructions below.
- Go to www.dctc.edu/give.
- Enter in the one-time donation amount.
- In Donation Categories, select “Other (please indicate below).”
- In Other Donation Category, type in “McNelis and Schluessler.”
- Select your Donor Affiliation to DCTC.
- Select “Gift” under Gift Type.
- Select “Yes” or “No” to allow your name to be published with the donation.
- Select “Next.”
- The next page will request information for processing a card payment. Enter information as applicable and select “Submit for Processing” when complete.
Donations can also be made by check via mail. Make checks payable to DCTC Foundation and note “McNelis and Schluessler” in the memo. Send checks to:
Dakota County Technical College
ATTN: Foundation Office
1300 145th Street East
Rosemount, MN 55068