The Barr Tank Emission Calculation Spreadsheet (BTECS) is a freely available Microsoft Excel-based tool designed to calculate emissions from storage tanks. BTECS follows the US EPA’s AP-42 Chapter 7 emission estimation procedures to calculate volatile organic compound (VOC) and hazardous air pollutant (HAP) emissions from fixed-roof and floating-roof storage tanks.
- Estimate emissions from routine and non-routine tank operations, floating-roof landing events, and tank-cleaning events using the final revisions to AP-42 Chapter 7, finalized in June 2020.
- Calculate short-term emission rates using TCEQ APDG 6250 and 6419 revisions dated February 2020.
- Address various operating configurations, including heated and insulated tanks.
- Enter, edit, and view tank property, meteorological, chemical properties, and throughput data.
- Configure calculations for either annual actual emissions or potential to emit (PTE).
- Customize tables for your specific facility or operation.
- Use it as a standalone spreadsheet for emission calculations or add worksheets to estimate emissions from other sources at your facility.
Complete the form below to request access to a free copy of BTECS. By doing so, you will gain access to our online community where we provide BTECS access and more information related to the tool. Barr’s team of storage tank emission experts is available to support you with initial setup of BTECS as well as customization for data input, emissions reporting, and compliance tracking.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about BTECS or how to access it.