Barr has a team of subject matter experts specializing in storage tank air emission calculations for tanks storing stabilized volatile products. To help our clients with their air permitting and compliance needs, our team has developed the Barr Tank Emission Calculation Spreadsheet (BTECS). BTECS is a Microsoft Excel-based tool designed to calculate emissions from storage tanks that follows the US EPA’s AP-42 Chapter 7 emission estimation procedures to calculate volatile organic compound (VOC) and hazardous air pollutant (HAP) emissions from fixed-roof and floating-roof storage tanks.
Utilizing the BTECS, our team can:
- Estimate emissions from routine and non-routine tank operations, floating-roof landing events, and tank-cleaning events using the final revisions to AP-42 Chapter 7, finalized in June 2020.
- Calculate short-term emission rates using TCEQ APDG 6250 and 6419 revisions dated February 2020.
- Address various operating configurations, including heated and insulated tanks.
- Enter, edit, and view tank property, meteorological, chemical properties, and throughput data.
- Configure calculations for either annual actual emissions or potential to emit (PTE).
- Customize tables for your specific facility or operation.
- Use it as a standalone spreadsheet for emission calculations or add worksheets to estimate emissions from other sources such as truck loading, heaters, or engines.
Barr’s team of storage tank emission experts is available to support you with initial setup of BTECS as well as customization for data input, emissions reporting, and compliance tracking.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about BTECS or would like to discuss your potential project and our services.