Description of Company
Barr is a consulting company that integrates engineering and environmental expertise to help clients develop, manage, process, and restore natural resources across North America and around the world. We have been employee owned since 1966 and trace our origins to the early 1900s. Today, we have over 900 employees across the U.S and Canada who work with clients in the mining, power, fuels, public, and manufacturing sectors, as well as attorneys, developers, and others with complex problems.
Why Choose Barr?
If you are looking for an employee-owned company that fosters a collaborative environment, focuses on providing exceptional client service, offers the opportunity to work on challenging projects, and makes employee safety a top priority, Barr is the place for you. In addition to a highly competitive benefits package, we offer mentor and coaching programs to help our employees develop and grow their careers, along with opportunities for volunteering and community involvement.
The person in this position will primarily work in a project management role to deliver geotechnical engineering and construction phase services for renewable energy (wind and solar) projects. The position entails the management of staff and resources to deliver geotechnical and construction phase services to meet client commitments and project work plans.
Specific responsibilities include coordinating resources to conduct field investigations and testing; geotechnical and construction laboratory testing; office geotechnical and structural design and analysis; and construction submittal reviews, as well as and design report preparation, production, and delivery. In addition, related tasks involve project safety plans, client communications, budget management, invoicing, and field service subcontracting. The person in this position will also be responsible for assisting with technical tasks, including planning geotechnical investigations and testing, assessing the geologic and geotechnical conditions at sites, processing and analyzing test data, and developing and writing investigation reports. Work may involve occasional travel to project sites or client offices.
- Bachelor's degree in geology or civil engineering with a geotechnical emphasis
- 10 years of project management work experience with an emphasis in delivering geotechnical and environmental engineering services with teams of field and office staff
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively in a project team environment that encourages self-initiative
- Fieldwork experience involving construction observation, geotechnical subsurface investigations, in-situ testing, and materials testing
- Computer skills including project scheduling, word processing, and spreadsheet development
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship
- Acceptable driving record
- 15+ years total of professional experience in various settings
- Management of multidisciplinary teams
- Proven business development and client management skills
- Experience with project management tools such as Deltek Vision
Barr Engineering Co.
4300 MarketPointe Drive
Minneapolis, MN 55435
phone: +1 952-832-2600
fax: +1 952-832-2601
toll free: +1 800-632-2277